Encouraging hearts. United in love. Knowing Christ.
The Center is a satellite congregation of Calvary Community Church of the Nazarene in Henrietta, NY. We strive to be a warm and welcoming family, and we desire to bring hope into the lives of people in our community.
Our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, who has saved us from our sins. We believe Jesus was crucified died and buried, but then was raised on the third day. Because of Christ’s resurrection, we now have a hope and future and our lives are lived in such as way as to reflect His life and to bring God glory.
We believe strongly that the church is a Community of Believers united in true friendship. We know we are all flawed and imperfect, but together we strive to grow closer to God and to grow in our faith. We believe that we need each other. We are here to laugh when our brothers and sisters laugh, and cry when our brothers and sisters mourn.
We believe in showing Christ’s love to a broken world. We believe we are called to love others as we ourselves are loved by Christ. Christ came for the sick and needy, and in turn, he has called us to minister to the needs of our brother. We believe we come to understand Christ’s love for us as we express His love to those around us.
What is Nazarene?
The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, tracing its roots to an anniversary date of 1908. It was founded to spread the message of scriptural holiness (Christlike living) across the lands. Today the Church of the Nazarene is located in 156 world areas.
The Church of the Nazarene is a Great Commission church. Our mission is to make Christlike disciples in the nations. We believe that God offers to everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life, and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
The Church of the Nazarene is also a holiness church. We believe that Christians can experience a deeper level of life in which there is victory over sin, power to witness and serve, and a richer fellowship with God, all through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- In one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Bible is fully inspired by God and that all truth necessary for salvation and a faithful relationship with God is contained in them.
- That human beings are born with a selfish nature and are, therefore, inclined to do what is evil.
- That those who never turn from evil and believe in Jesus Christ are eternally lost.
- That Jesus Christ died for all humanity, and that whoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is delivered from sin and welcomed by God as His child.
- That believers are to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit assures us that we are children of God and that we are pleasing to Him.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.